Humanities and Social Sciences at UQ
With one of Australia's largest range of study areas, our undergraduate humanities and social science programs provide exceptional opportunities for you to pursue your interests, broaden your horizons and boost your employability.
If you want to undertake further study or are ready for a new career, our postgraduate programs can diversify and deepen your knowledge and experience.
If you’re thinking about a research-based career, our Research Higher Degree programs include Career Advantage streams in Higher Education Practice & Leadership; Research Innovation, Translation & Commercialisation; and Global Collaborations.
New programs for 2017
- Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice (Honours) - a strong focus on professional practice, criminology and criminal justice
- Bachelor of Advanced Humanities (Honours) - for high-achieving students with a keen interest in the humanities
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Honours) - broad and rigorous cross-disciplinary training in politics, philosophy and economics.
- Graduate Certificate in Atrocity Prevention - a coursework program aimed at developing practical skills relating to the prevention of mass atrocities.
- Master of International Relations / Master of International Law - two masters degrees in two years, entry through both work experience and study – no law degree required.
Meet our students
Read what our students have to say about their experiences studying with in UQ's Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Are you a current student looking for resources to help with your studies? We have a wide range of information and support available.